THE BIBLE IS GODS WORD: We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, the one totally reliable standard for beliefs and conduct.
JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD: He is Gods Son who died for us all and rose to make right with God everyone who believes.
GOD GIVES SPIRITUAL POWER: He empowers believers for His work by "baptism in the Holy Spirit," evidenced by speaking in tongues and effective witnessing for Christ.
CHRIST CALLS TO LIVE RIGHT: By His death and resurrection, He liberates believers to live the Bible way to love, purity, peace, and service.
JESUS CHRIST PROVIDES HEALING: Because He suffered for us, we may ask and receive from God complete physical, mental and emotional healing as well as spiritual life.
CHRIST WILL RETURN: He came first to live among us and to die for us. He will come again to reward believers and establish His kingdom on earth. This is known as the "Second Coming".
The birth of Family Joy Community Church began with a call from God on the life of David Manjarrez, FJCC’s founding pastor. David, his wife Michelle, and a small group of believers began to meet at David and Michelle’s home for Bible study. This small group began to make plans to start a new church under the authority of the Southern California District Council of the Assemblies of God.
A very important question arose during the planning sessions, “Why would people come to our Church?”
1. Exalt - They can come and experience the presence of God through worship.
2. Encourage - They can build lasting relationships, develop friendships, and be ministered to in a way that will meet their spiritual, emotional and social needs in a loving atmosphere.
3. Edify - They can receive strong biblical instruction and practical teaching that relates directly to their lives.
4. Equip - They will be built up and challenged to use their gifts for service in the Kingdom.
5. Evangelize - Because God has touched their lives they will invite others to our church.
FJCC officially began with an Easter service 1992 in the hall of local bowling alley. Now we continue the vision and purposes that will impact a new generation with God’s love and power.
Family Joy Community Church Vision Statement
The vision of
Family Joy Community Church
is to reach out to all people
and lead them into a
significant relationship with God.